Pilates is something which has become very popular recently. Many people have turned to it because it promises a thinner body. However, what most people don’t know about Pilates is that the stronger core is just the beginning. There are many benefits of Pilates.
Since everyone knows about the stronger core that is achieved with Pilates, let’s look at the other benefits it offers.
- Develops Your Entire Body – Although the focus of Pilates is to train your core, it’s also an entire exercise regime. Unlike the other programs which place their focus on training different body parts, Pilates emphasizes entire body fitness.
- Creates awareness of whole body – Pilates trains your mind as well as engages your body to be much more aware of the movements. When you practice Pilates more start understanding the way that certain habits, movements, and breathing patterns that they did in the past caused different backaches, pains in the shoulders, and stresses. Because of Pilates, the right breathing and more efficient, smoother movements come very naturally.
Read Also: 4 Main Benefits of Basic Yoga
- Slims You Down, Doesn’t Bulk You Up – A lot of dancers and gymnasts choose Pilates, and this is the reason why. They don’t have to worry about the extra muscles that they would get with weight training. Because Pilates has a focus on creating toned, long, and lean muscles through movements which are precise, the affect is strength without bulk.
- Almost Anyone can do it – Pilates can be used by just about anyone. Senior citizens, athletes, and many others can tailor Pilates to fit their needs. Those who are going through therapy for rehab also could benefit from Pilates exercises since they are no-impact.
- Pilates will increase energy – Through getting the blood circulating in the body, muscles and the spine will be stimulated and therefore the body will get the needed energy for the day. When the person has more energy, they can do more things in the same amount of time.
These are just some of the wonderful things that Pilates can offer to you. Pilates is known for building a stronger core. But as you can see, it is so much more than that! Pilates is something that everyone can benefit from and use to help them have a stronger, leaner body and more energy during their day. Pilates just keeps on giving to those who practice it and do it regularly.
source of image: ciadeatletas.com.br
Free “Wall Yoga” App for Phones